Edict of the President of
No. 234 of May 3, 2001
[Amended as of July 25, 2011]
On State Support of the Development and Export of the Information Technologies
With the aim to perfection of the organizational-economic and social conditions of the development and export of the modern information technologies as well as to prevention of manpower drain, working from this field I decree:
1. The Belarusian State University shall initiate creation under prescribed procedure of the science-technological association (hereinafter referred to as Association), the main aim of which will be the evolution of the development and export of the information technologies.
To establish that:
2.1. Legal entities including enterprises with foreign investments and foreign legal entities can be the members of the Association while their main activity line is the development of the information technologies, including software;
2.2. The members of the Association are exempted from taxes, collections and other obligatory payments to the republican budget and state non-budget funds in part of profit from the realization of the information technologies and service of its development except the tax on profit, which shall be paid in part of the aforesaid profit with the rate of 5% as well as the payments to the Fund of the Social protection of the Ministry of the Social protection.
3. To recommend to the local Councils of Deputes to exempt the members of the association from taxes, collections and other obligatory payments to the local budgets and state non-budget funds in part of profit received from the realization of the information technologies and service of its development.
5. The Belarusian State University in cooperation with the State Committee of the Science and Technologies, the State Center of the Information Security under the President of the Republic of Belarus, National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus shall submit to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus in prescribed order the project of State Plan of evolution of development and export of information technologies before the 1st of December 2001, with stipulation of the complex of actions of training and skill conversion of the experts in the field of the information technologies.
7. The Council of Ministers of the
submit to the President of the
bring legislation into account with present Edict during three months;
8. The present Edict enters into force from the date of its publication.
* unofficial translation *