The National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus (NCLI) and the UNESCO Chair in Information Technologies and Law at NCLI jointly with the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus, the Republican Bar Association and the Belarusian Notari
V International Scientific and Practical Conference
"Information Technology and Law (Legal Informatization - 2015)"
The National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus (NCLI) and UNESCO Chair in Information Technologies and Law at NCLI jointly with the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus, the Republican Bar Association and the Belarusian Notarial Chamber
inform about holding,
with support of the National Library of Belarus, ООО “YurSpektr”, ОDО “Profgrup”, ООО “Professionalnye Pravovye Sistemy”, ODO “Ekspertcentr”,
V International Scientific and Practical Conference "Information Technology and Law (Legal Informatization - 2015)"
on 28 May 2015, at the National Library of Belarus, Minsk, Republic of Belarus
For participation in the Conference are invited representatives of state bodies and organizations of the Republic of Belarus and foreign countries, international organizations, and public associations, scientists, teaching personnel of education institutions, postgraduates, informatization sphere specialists.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- identification of the role, current state and prospects of legal informatization within the context of establishing the information society;
- discussion of priority directions of the state policy of the Republic of Belarus in the sphere of legal informatization and improvement of the state system of legal information;
- discussion of urgent issues of e-Justice development and use of information technologies in the activities of advocates and notaries;
- identification of main directions of improvement of the legislation in the sphere of informatization, including legal informatization and informatization of the activities of courts, advocates, and notaries;
- working out of main directions of scientific and practical support to the legal informatization processes;
- discussion of prospects of creation and implementation of innovative technologies in the sphere of legal informatization, informatization of the activities of courts, advocates, and notaries.
During the conference it is planned to hold a plenary session and to work in sections on the following directions:
Section 1. Legal informatization within the context of the information society formation: current state and development prospects:
- legal information activity: notion, meaning and structure, legal regulation and practical implementation;
- urgent issues of the legislation systematization, formation of legal information state registers (registries);
- legal information resources: notion, legal status, issues of formation and use, formation of resources of law-enforcement practice (administrative acts of state bodies, court judgments, etc.);
- use of ICTs for automation of preparation, collection, legal expert examination, processing and systematization of legal information. Official publication of legal acts;
- organizational and legal aspects of dissemination and provision of legal information;
- applied aspects of the use of modern ICTs in legal training and education, improvement of intelligibility of the legislation and its enforcement mode;
- access to legal information: theoretical and practical issues; urgent issues of activities of centers providing access to legal information;
- urgent issues concerning legal information protection.
Section 2. Urgent issues of e-Justice development within the context of the information society formation:
- informatization of the court system as a basis for e-Justice formation. Specific features of the informatization of general and economic courts;
- role of judiciary in the formation of a national single legal information space;
- legal regulation of information relations in the judiciary sphere and ways for its improvement;
- formation and use of information resources within the framework of a single information infrastructure of courts;
- role of ICTs in raising the openness of court proceedings;
- urgent issues for ensuring the information safety of the courts information infrastructure.
Section 3. Informatization of advocates activities: current state and development prospects under modern informational conditions:
- informatization of advocacy bodies as a basis for improvement of their activities under the information society conditions;
- directions for improvement of information support to advocates activities;
- role of open legal information resources in the advocates activity for protection of rights and legitimated interests of citizens;
- prospects of information resources formation within the framework of advocacy activities;
- role of ICTs in improvement of legal aid to citizens, virtual legal consultations and other servises in electronic environment.
Section 4. Informatization of notarial activities: current state and development prospects:
- informatization of notarial bodies as a condition for improvement of the notarial practice under modern informational conditions;
- application of ICTs for performing notarial acts and rendering services and also in official interaction of notaries with state power bodies, state and other organizations;
- introduction of electronic services as a factor for raising attractiveness of notaries for citizens;
- creation and effective use of information systems and resources in the notaries activities, development and introduction of a single information system ensuring a complete automation of processes of collection and processing of the data about notarial activities;
- use of an electronic document management system and a single certified electronic digital signature in the notarial activities;
- development prospects of e-Notary and expansion of its activity sphere on the basis of application of modern ICTs.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
For participation in the Conference it is necessary to perform an online-registration at the site www.konferencii.ru within the period from 12 January till 1 May 2015.
Registration fees for participation in the Conference are not charged.
Travel, accommodation and catering are paid by participants themselves or by organizations they represent.
Only original works having scientific and applied significance are accepted. Presentations are planned to be published on the end of the Conference. For publication it is necessary to conclude an author’s contract.
The organizational committee reserves the right to select submitted presentations with their subsequent editing. Materials not corresponding to the topics of the Conference or to submission guidelines or submitted after the deadline will not be considered and will not be returned.
Working languages of the Conference: Belarusian, Russian, English.
Till 1 May 2015 it is necessary to present or to send to the organizational committee of the Conference:
- manuscript copy of the presentation and the author’s contract (PDF in Russian) in two copies, signed by the author, to the address: 1a Berson street, off. 608, 220701,Minsk, Belarus
- Ms. Irina A. Chuprakova, deputy head of the department–head of the section for scientific and methodical support to legal informatization of the department of legal informatization of NCLI;
- Ms. Oksana V. Trekailo, researcher of the section for scientific and methodical support to legal informatization of the department of legal informatization of NCLI;
- Ms. Svetlana V. Vashkevich, junior researcher of the section for scientific and methodical support to legal informatization of the department of legal informatization of NCLI.
- (+375 17) 279 99 41,
- (+375 17) 279 99 48,
- (+375 29) 323 02 40,
- (+375 44) 536 57 40.
Address: NCLI, 1a Berson street, 220701, Minsk, Belarus